By naming this range in honour of the epic of Capitan Ravoire – a valiant knight in the 16th century in the Comtat Venaissin in 1593 - Olivier Ravoire was keen to highlight the history of the Ravoire family. In this respect, the different appellations have been named using terms associated with chivalry.
Vinification and maturing are carried out at the estate under rigorous supervision by our team, taking into consideration the specific requirements of each vintage and endeavouring to optimise the potential of each estate. Combining the wines thus obtained with our exclusive approach we select and purchase each year the best vats. Maturing is refined each month up until the bottling which is performed using our own mobiles units.
These wines aim to accompany you in your gourmet experiences, for mature tasting, rich authentic conviviality and instant enjoyment."
- Varietals: 80% Grenache, 10% Syrah, 10% Mourvèdre.
- Nature of the soils: quartzite pebbles rolled by the river Rhône.
- Average age of the vines: 60 years.
- Winemaking: the grapes are hand-picked and placed in small crates then sorted. The vinification process involves frequent treading, pumping, release and long thermo-regulated fermentation to ensure optimal skin extraction. The vatting lasts approximately 30 days.
- Maturing: 100% of Mourvèdre and Syrah are aged in barrels (50% new oak, 50% one wine oak), 10% of Grenache, the most concentrated, is aged in one new demi-muids during 12 months. Light filtering on non-spliced wine.
- Residual sugar per litre: < 3 grams / liter.
- Ideal serving temperature: from 16°C to 18°C.